About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, September 5, 2016

Write Your Story - Layer It Up


Time for another challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this month and the theme is layer it up.  Time to show us your creativity and add lots of layers to your card or project. 

 I have used a piece of my gell print paper from my stash that is in yellows, purple, white and gold for my background. I love using my gell plate to get a layered back ground.  Next I used several rubber stamps over the gell print to give the card interest and texture.  

My final layers were the added images that I stamped, inked, coloured and die cut or cut to create the top layers.  Some of the stamps were by Tim Holtz along with Tim Holtz, Inkadinkado, Rubber Stampede, and Toy Box. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Remember to stop by our challenge blog to see the inspiring creations of the design team.  Hope you will join us this challenge. 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Card Mania - Earth Tones
Crafts and Me- Anything Goes
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
SanDee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenge - Anything Goes, Steampunk - Industrial. 

10 comments:

  1. Woohoo great work Judy, so much creativity happening here. The background with overstamping is fabulous and soooo interesting. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the images Judy. So much detail too. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous, so many images , so well put together! Love it!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous, so many images , so well put together! Love it!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never knew what a gelly plate was till just recently. A friend bought one after doing a demo so I googled it as you do and omg what a fabulous technique. Now I can understand just what you have done here Judy and am in awe of this masterpiece. It's amazing and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Judy. I love my Gelli Plate too. Trouble is one piece of background always leads to a couple of dozen more lol. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous with so many beautiful details on your project!Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layers and colours, Judy! A fab steampunk card!!!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not interested in claiming your prize over at our Steampunk Challenge blog, Judy? I thought I'd just pop by to ask...there are still a few days left to do so.

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I have not replied. We have have just returned from from a two month holiday in New Mexico. Yes I am interested.

      Delete