About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, December 12, 2016

There is snow place like home



Time for another great challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week.  The theme is Christmas with a twist, anything quirky or non traditional. You can also play along with an traditional Christmas card.

Our great sponsor this challenge is Woodware Craft Collection


"There is snow place like home for the holidays"  is the sentiment on my  card this week.  The digital image is by From the Heart Digital stamps and coloured the image with my Caran D'Ache water colour crayons, metallic pen, gelli pen and Posca pens. 

The trees are part of a set of rubber stamps by Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz collection. I used Stampin Up Ink on the trees and filled in some areas with my water colour brush. I also used glitter on the snow.  

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day. This is the last challenge of the year at Crafty Cardmakers hope you will join in this challenge.  Happy Holidays to you and your families and we will see you in 2017.  

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Judy, I love it although he had better be careful with that scarf lol.
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely fun card Judy, love it. Happy crafting and a Merry Christmas, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and so perfect for the sentiment. Great colouring too Judy. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, fun card, I think it is delightful! Hope you have a merry Christmas!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy,
    This card just makes me smile! So cute! Hope that you have a very wonderful Christmas and a beautiful New Year!
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete